Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Dr. V. Mohan explains about the Signature Campaign
Dr. V. Mohan Inagurates the Signature Campaign
Dr. V. Mohan explains about the WDD logo
Dr. V. Mohan makes a pledge 'Together Lets Conquer Diabetes'
Monday, November 15, 2010
WORLD DIABETES DAY PROGRAM
ACTIVITY PLAN (8th – 13th NOV 2010)
DURING THE WEEK
1. Screening camps at selected parks and beaches
2. Awareness talks followed by exercise demonstrations
3. Screening camps at corporate offices, residential colonies & schools(for parents & Teachers)
4. School camps with exercise demo for school children
5. Diabetes Eye checkup
6. Dental check up
EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES AT OUR CENTRE
7. Quiz with “Diabetes Awareness Wheel” and “Guess the calorie count” for food items
8. Puppet show (Theme- Control of Diabetes)
9. Diet Recipe demo with whole grains &
10. Conversation Map for several patients groups
11. Yoga demonstration
PROGRAM FIX JUVENILE DIABETES
12. Group therapy – Food puzzle
13. Form a circle with children holding blue umbrella
14. Blue lighting for centres and all the branches.
15. Lighting blue candle.
16. Blue rangoli in the main reception. Blue rangoli in all the branches.
17. Blue ring badge will be worn by our staff during the entire month.
18. WDD signature campaign along with slogans
(White coloured long flexi material on which patient’s would write the slogans of their choice on control of diabetes and sign)
Diabetes Community Lifestyle Improvement Program (D-CLIP) is an IDF – BRiDgEs funded randomized clinical trail for the prevention of diabetes through lifestyle modification. As part of the world Diabetes Day activities we also have our 7th DCLIP batch getting graduated after completing 6 months of aggressive lifestyle intervention classes.
20. Coverage in the major TV channels (Tamil and Malayalam) & interviews
21. Radio FM
22. Write-up in lay Journals
23. Articles in Newspapers and magazines
ON THE 14th OF NOVEMBER 2010
1. Walk, Cyclathon, Skating, Jogging,
2. Demonstration of Judo, Kung fu and Karathe will also be done
Blue balloon campaign
• A hydrogenated balloon (Blue ring) will be released during the flag off of the diabetes walk
• Blue balloons to be carried during the walk.
Posted by Dr.Mohans at 12:04 PM